We are in the section where Paul talks about stuff we have to deal with.
Leadership is hard at work trying to "normalize" as much as we can. If you do not currently use Slack, I would urge to to communicate there. We can answer questions with more complete answers on Slack than on social media platforms. Our Slack workspace is open to all members and regular attenders.
In gathering again, we will follow community guidelines and recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control to ensure a clean environment.
Dear Church Family and Guests,
It is so exciting to be returning to what was normal before the COVID-19 Pandemic. That normal is not exactly what it was before. We have all added phrases to our vocabulary like "social distancing" and "flattening the curve". We also know that there are new rules on how we congregate.
We have decided to open our kitchen for coffee and snacks on Sunday mornings. This is information on how it will happen.
Our kitchen staff and volunteers will serve you. Please do not bring food or snacks to be served on Sunday mornings. We will only serve sealed and store bought snacks. Our kitchen staff will open those and serve you.
They will follow the requested Smart Restart guidance. Please allow them to do so.
Thank you for your cooperation, please enjoy the fellowship.
Here is information you need to know:
- Please practice the actions we all learned over the past several weeks. Wash your hands, don’t touch your face, cover your cough, etc.
- If you are feeling sick, please stay home out of love for your friends and neighbors.
- If you are over 65 or if you have underlying health conditions that make you more vulnerable to the virus, we advise you to stay home.
- If you don’t yet feel comfortable gathering in public, we will continue to live stream the worship service.
Things to expect when you come Sunday morning:
- Some people will wear masks, some will not. We do not require masks at this time. Please note that children under 2 years of age should not wear masks according to the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Use the hand sanitizer that we provide, or bring your own.
- No hugs and handshakes!
- The worship space is re-arranged. We will have arranged the platform to be optimized to be able to live stream for those who cannot or choose not to attend at this time.
- You and your immediate family may sit together. We ask that you observe the "6 feet apart request". Immediate family groups may move their chairs close together, but separated from others by 6 feet.
- We will clean and sanitize everything before every worship service.
- There will be no child care provided
- There is a limit of one person at a time in the restrooms. Of course, ensure that you wash your hands before leaving the rest room!
- There will be no bulletin to hand out, no greeting time, no passing the offering bags, and sadly, no coffee and snacks.
- Please give your offering online at https://newlifeonmain.org, drop it in the box, or mail it.
- Maintain the recommended 6 feet social distance while entering and exiting the worship space.
Looking forward to seeing you all again and worshiping Jesus together! … in the same room.